greengrub Toys is passionate about Giving Back to our Community by supporting Charities and Not-for-Profit Groups who do amazing work for those who need a helping hand. One of these greengrub Toys supported Groups is Rural Aid Australia who do fantastic work for farmers and Families in Regional Australia.
About Rural Aid
Rural Aid is one of Australia’s largest rural charities. Well known for the highly successful ‘Buy a Bale’ campaign, the charity also provides financial assistance, water and counselling to farmers in times of drought, flood or fire.
In addition to the 'Buy a Bale' campaign above, Rural Aid has developed a number of separate programs and a wide range of support packages for rural Australia.
Support services provided included animal feed, cash handouts, holidays and mental health assistance, education assistance and technology, the main things regional families might be in need of.
Each support initiative has it's own websites and links as below:
- Buy a Bale - Provision of feed to support animal care
- Farm Army - Offering volunteers to assist on farms or as part of Farm rescue and Tradies events
- Farm Rescue - Speaking of tradies, specific skill sets are highly sort after in rural areas and Farm Rescue aims to align those most in need where tradespeople aren’t available or where communities can’t afford to call them in
- Gift of Music - is a program of Rural Aid, helping disadvantaged children and youth in rural and remote Australia gain access to the life-changing opportunities music can bring.
- Corporate Engagement/Volunteering - An integral part of social coalition, this Rural Aid program aims to bring together corporate giving/volunteering and team building to help out members of the rural community.
- Rural Aid Coordinators - Help assist and coordinate assistance to rural communities by developing a team of volunteer coordinators who help deliver support services and work with other community organisations to provide efficeient and timely outcomes as required.
One of the recent initiatives from Rural Aid we're been most excited about here at greengrub Toys is Rural Aids partnering to deliver School Support for Children in Rural and Remote Australia,
The following is an extract from Rural Aid's Blog
Rural Aid CEO John Warlters said, Rural Aid will support nine schools in the Upper Hunter area of New South Wales through the provision of 203 laptops devices for their students to access remote learning resources.
“For many families, particularly those in rural and remote communities, gaining access to suitable technology, at speed, is required to enable remote learning,” John Warlters said. “Rural Aid is working directly with the Education Departments in New South Wales and Queensland to roll out technology support to more schools and students.
“With the challenges brought on now by COVID-19, adding to the impact of drought and fire for many of these farmers, these laptops will help rural families access much needed resources to educate their children from home and when they are back in the classroom.
Help Us continue to support worthy Charities and Not-for-Profit Groups like Rural Aid. Shop Local and support our family owned small business. Shop safely in our Online Toy store, puzzle and games shop - greengrubtoys.com.au.
Or visit our 'Giving Back - 'Charities and Groups we Support' page to see the other fantastic charity work your toy shopping with us supports - Thank you!