First day at School - 5 points for a happy transition to school
From our family to yours; here’s our greengrub Wooden Toys checklist for a fun, natural transition to school for your little ones while making it as stress free and enjoyable as possible for you.
- Planning - don’t leave everything until the last minute. Jot things down as you think of them and set dates by when various things need to be done.
- Communication - start early talking to the kids about what to expect at school. Explain the new experiences they will have and ask if they have any questions. Remind them you also went to school when you were their age.
- Keep it simple – don’t over complicate the experience. Start with the basics and gradually build up so you don’t overwhelm your toddler. They don’t need everything on day one; take one day at a time.
- Involvement – let the kids be part of the whole process. Invite them to help choose what to take in their bag and let them pack it. Help prepare and pack their big and little lunch to ensure they feel part of this fun new experience.
- Debrief - spend some 1 on 1 time without distractions to discuss the day at school. Ask lots of questions to uncover what’s working and what’s not. Making small changes early is easier than big ones later which can be more disruptive and traumatic.
As well as the above we can also make it easy for you to put together the back to school stationery. For a short time only both our Australian Made (Handmade by us in Brisbane) plastic free wooden pencil case and natural wooden pencil holder include a bonus gift free while stocks last. Buy both and receive quality coloured and graphite pencils, glue stick and a ruler free.
Visit our online wooden toy store (greengrubtoys.com.au) and search for “school set” for this easy, value for money way to get your back to school supplies delivered to your door….but be quick as stock is limited.
Stay safe and enjoy the excitement of getting the kids ready for another school year.